Wednesday, August 25, 2010

May, June, and July

Ok, before I post all the fun, exciting things with the new baby, I have to finish off where I left off because there were too many fun things in May and June for me not to blog about them.


MAY


We started off May with Tony's Aunt, Teresa's wedding on May 2nd. It was beautiful and so was she! We are so happy for her and Dave!


Their very cute, unique cake!



Next was Tony's birthday. We started off the day bright and early running errands. Then, he wanted to go golfing but I got a horrible, pregnancy headache. Luckily I got to go home and take a nice long nap with Georgie while he golfed, and by the time he got done I was able to wake up pain free and get ready. Then we went to Market Street Grill for dinner with my mom and sister. We ate some AMAZING crab and had a great dinner! Here we are - me very pregnant at 7 months.

I also graduated!!! First was my Speech & Hearing Science graduation. As soon as we got to the school I realized I had forgotten my tassles!!! I couldn't believe it and my mom had to race back to my house to get them. There was so much traffic and we didn't know if she'd be back in time. Out of the whole college of Health, my department was first to receive our diplomas, so unfortunately she didn't get back in time to see me walk, but luckily I had my Psychology graduation the next day, on her birthday, and we made sure we remembered my tassle this time!



I also gave my mom my stole of gratitude (pictured here around her neck). You give this to someone you want to thank for getting you through college. I wanted to give one to Tony and my Grandma too, since I lived with my grandma my first two years of college and she was always there to help me with providing me free food and rent, and to Tony for just always supporting me and encouraging me. But hands down, the most thanks had to go to my mom who has always talked to me about going to college ever since I was little, and has always been there to support me through it financially and emotionally. She also helped me write a great letter of accomplishments and intent which I'm sure was my greatest strength getting me into Grad school. So thanks so much to Tony, my family, my classmates which have become great friends, and most of all, to my Mom :)

Here are all of my great friends from class. Congrats girls, we did it!!!



JUNE


June was the baby shower month :) I had 4 amazing showers. First was my friend shower, thrown by Amee and Carly. We all got together at my house to open presents and have yummy ice cream sundays. It was so much fun and I got many needed supplies.








Then Tony's mom threw me a shower for his side of the family. We all had lunch and opened presents at Red Robin. I got so many cute clothes, books, a bouncer, and many other things from his mom, grandma, aunts, and sisters.
Next, was my family shower. My mom, aunt Kari, and Grandma threw me a beautiful shower at my aunt Kari's house. We had the best food and again, so many cute gifts.


My aunt Sarah was also pregnant at the same time, and only a couple weeks behind me. It is not fair at all that her ankles and face aren't swollen like mine are! She gave me one of the greatest gifts I received - a gift certificate to get a pedicure with her and my grandma, which you can tell my swollen feet were in desperate need of, and I will post about that later :)

My showers wrapped up with my work shower. Again, we had GREAT food and tons of people from my job. It was great to sit and chat with all the doctors, nurses, therapists, and other coworkers who I usually don't have time to have long conversations with. Everyone was so generous and brought yummy food and great gifts and I can't thank everyone enough for all the love and support!

Also in June, Tony and I celebrated our 1 year wedding anniversary! First I came home to this HUGE boquet of beautiful flowers and a sweet card

Then we were off to spend the weekend at the Homestead Resort in Midway. We started off the evening golfing (well, Tony golfed and I rode in the car - which by the time we were done I was amazed the bumpy ride didn't put me into labor!)

Then we checked in to our cute little cottage, which you can tell Tony is really excited about haha

Then we got ready and went to a great restaurant called Jean Louis on Main Street in Park City for dinner. After, we realized we didn't have forks to eat our wedding cake with, so we had to stop at 7-eleven and get some. Then it was back to eat our wedding cake (which was still really good), watch our wedding video, and read our sign in book. The next morning we wrapped things up with massages at the spa there. It definitely wasn't as enjoyable to get massages when I was pregnant since I had to lay on my side and try to ignore the pain this caused in my chest. But overall it was a great, relaxing weekend.

Finally in June was Father's day. I had to work so Tony took his parents out to dinner at the Cheesecake Factory, but when I got home I surprised him with this gift and card

He always talks about how our kids are going to love golfing and I always joke with him that they wont, so this was the perfect present :)

JULY

The last exciting thing that happened before the baby came was getting pedicures with my Aunt Sarah and Grandma. Like I said before, Sarah was also pregnant and it was my grandma's first time ever even getting paint on her toenails. We also got great foot treatments - all while sitting in great massage chairs.


Well, that wraps up some exciting things that happened this summer before the most exciting thing of all. (soon to come) :)

2 comments:

  1. That is so exciting! I can't believe you just had your baby! I am way excited for your next post! :) Hope all is going well as a new mother, you will be great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. About time, I've been watching for the subsequent months. It's a busy and fantastically wonderful time! Just enjoy the time you have with only one. (not that you're in a big rush to add more or anything;)

    I am so ready for another pedicure... wish the bank account was (ready, that is).

    ReplyDelete