This is what I woke up to thursday morning:

Also on Thursday, I got to school and most of the people in my class had already gotten their letters about Grad School. I started worrying because I hadn't gotten mine yet. I couldn't concentrate on the rest of my classes and rushed home early to check the mail...nope...still not there! I was freaking out, I was wondering if they put me on the waitlist which almost would have been worse than getting rejected because it would have meant more waiting. Then, on Friday after work, I checked my mail again, and there it was sitting in my mailbox!
I practically skipped back to my house but couldn't bring myselt to open it because I was so scared! This year they had more applicants to my program than they had ever had before - over 150 people applying for 30 spots! I finally ripped it open and I was ACCEPTED! I called my mom almost crying and it was just so exciting - this is our future and the next two years of my life! I am so happy to have the opportunity to make myself better for my daughter and my husband! My mom wanted to go to a movie and dinner to celebrate. Since I am basically obsessed with Thai food right now, we went to a place called A Taste of Thai at Jordan Commons for dinner which was so yummy! Then Tony got off work just in time and came and met us for a movie and dessert at IHOP after :)
We also saw two GREAT movies this weekend! Like I said, Tony, my mom, and I went and saw this movie on Friday night

It was one of the BEST movies I have seen in a while - right up there with 500 days of summer! Tony really like it too because it isn't just a chick flick, there are a lot of funny parts and it has a good, completely unexpected ending too! I am definitely buying it when it comes out and if you haven't see it, DO it :)
Then, yesterday Tony and I got to babysit my friend Lara's ADORABLE kids - Jackson who is 8 and her daughter Bella who is 10 months! It was so much fun and good practice for us to babysit Bella especially. She is all over the place and never stops smiling! Tony loved her too and he was SO good with her


It was also Georgie's first time around a baby, and she loved her! She was so excited and kept licking her face and ears, so we are definitely gonna have to do some teaching about not licking so much, but we were relieved that she wasn't mean or anything.
Then, that night, we went to dinner at Red Robin and finally got to see this with Lance and Malena
I loved it! It is just as good as everyone says it is, and if you haven't seen it 3D and on an IMAX screen, you definitely should :)
Oh, and while we were getting ready to go to dinner and the movie, Tony told me to look behind me, and this is what I saw

She usually pouts like this on the floor when she sees us getting ready, because it usually means we are going to leave her, but this time it was on the bed like this haha!
Well, hopefully everyone had a great week as well :)
No comments:
Post a Comment