Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Recent Holiday Celebrations

I absolutely love Valentine's Day! I think we need more holidays that just celebrate love! Instead of just buying Tony a present this year, I decided to make him something too like my mom always did. Not only did he get a way-too-expensive new pair of basketball shoes (he saved up and paid for most of it), I made 2 delicious kinds of brownies - the frosted, sprinkled hearts, and the even better strawberry shortcake brownies. I also am really getting into making cards and I made this one all by myself without any starter ideas or anything. I think it turned out pretty good :)





Oh, and this is what Tony and Georgie did while I was making it all





I thought I took a picture of what Tony gave me too but I can't find it. He surprised me with beautiful flowers - an arrangement of my favorites: gerber daisies and stargazer lillies, and a super cute workout suit. My mom also gave us Valentine's presents. She gave me a super cute red maternity shirt and heart necklace, and Tony some red and black plaid shorts perfect for golfing :) We spent the day having an amazing prime rib sunday dinner at my Grandma's with my family, and played apples to apples with them afterwards.


I was also feeling like cooking for St. Patrick's Day. (I had to make up for forgetting to wear green! Luckily the kids at my work couldn't pinch me!) I made this green-themed dinner of stuffed bell peppers with shamrocks, green beans, raspberry limeaid, and "taste the rainbow" cupcakes complete with a "pot of gold." Tony loved it and even ate the leftovers the next day (which he rarely does)!








I love celebrating holidays, especially being married and surprising Tony and making our own traditions together :) And we really can't wait to celebrate them all with the baby soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment